Wednesday, October 17, 2012

NYC!!

   So Lyss and I rolled in to New York City yesterday! (the trail doesn't pass straight through the city, but we took a bus in b/c Lysandra has WONDERFUL friends who live here :)
So far I've been relaxing in an antihistamine-induced drowsy haze, but tomorrow will be a day around the city. Already I can tell you that going from the woods to a concrete jungle is HARD! People are EVERYWHERE! and they don't give a CRAP about you!
   Just getting ON the bus to come to new york, while stooping to throw our packs under the bus (a practiced motion, moving a pack) the bus driver goes, "Hurry it, you're holdin' me up. I got a lotta stops to make."
   Slept on a rooftop last night b/c my allergies were a nightmare with two dogs in the apartment. The wonderful Lysandra slept up there with me to keep me company <3, even though I'm sure she's ready to have a bed to sleep in. Today has been lazy, but tomorrow will be adventurous. We're going to a Broadway show!! (much as I wish I could spend a couple hundred bucks to go see Book of Mormon, I'll be settling for the free ticket 'friend connection'). We're going to see Cyrano about Cyrano de Bergerac.
   The trail lately has been ROUGH, but also awesome!! It's continued to rain and be cold. A few days ago we woke up to snow flurries! When you wake up and it's still dark and freezing, a hot drink is a lifesaver, so tea has been seriously integrated into our routine. Lots of tea. Which means we carry honey, naturally (how could you NOT), which means when we stop for snacks sometime we get Honey Shots!!
   All in all the trail is still lovely, even though we may have been robbed of peak fall colors by the weather.
   Lysandra has lots to tell, and tends to be a bit more loquacious than me, so check out her update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment