Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hiking Solo

   Well friends, It's been an amazing time here in New York City. I've seen not one, but TWO Broadway shows! I've eaten not one, but TWO New York City hotdogs! I've written a list of not one, not two, but THREE things I've done since coming to NYC!
   But the trail is calling... and NYC is expensive. So although I'm having a blast. I'm out.
   Alone :(
   Lysandra has thought long and hard and decided to cut her losses and get off the trail. She's been an amazing trail partner and I'm going to miss the hell out of her. Now, when we started, I knew full well that she had NO IDEA what she was getting herself into. But she said she'd go, so I didn't ask questions :) One of the reasons I decided to do the Appalachian Trail NOW was because I had someone willing to try it with me! It was just a bonus that I was sweet on her *<3* And now I'm going to have a hell of a time figuring out how to turn all of our two-person routines (she usually cooks while I set up 'camp,' etc...) into a one man act.
   Wish me luck, friends. I'll be lonely out there.

*more on the differences of hiking alone after... well, after I've experienced distance hiking, alone, with winter fast approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment