Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gear Layout!

Alright, alright, alriiiiight. It's GO TIME! We're hopping on a plane to Maine tomorrow (with hopefully no rain). Here's a video about what we're carrying on the A.T. But first a bit about philosophy: Some people go 'lightweight' (under 20lb). Some people go ULTRA-lightweight, with a pre-food backpack weight of under 10 pounds! These people seem to want to pump out as many miles as they can in a day (although I obviously can't speak for them all) which to me seems a bit like missing the point. All that having been said: Here's the video... I cleverly planned this in a location with two cats and a dog, so this video is narrated in a special voice I like to call 'Allergy Monotone' with 'Drippy Sniffles' for percussion in between phrases. For the record. Lysandra's pack weighs 26lb before food, Andrew's weighs 32lbs before food.

2 comments:

  1. Got the COBRA information. Monthly cost is $494.05. I can sign your name and send it in. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed on your blog info to a fellow at work. He's moving to East TN and wants to do it too. His name us Jeno Smith.

    ReplyDelete